Real-time chat for your patrons
LibraryH3lp securely routes incoming patron chats in real-time to all available chat operators. The first operator to respond is automatically connected to the patron, and the remaining operators are notified that the chat was claimed. Our presence system automatically tracks and aggregates your operators' availability. Staffing your digital reference service is as simple as logging into and out of a chat client.
Configurable chat widget behaviors. Embed within, float
over, or pop out of a web page.
Plus we offer a chat widget for mobile library websites.
- Answer patron chats from your desktop, laptop, smart phone, or tablet. Enjoy your freedom.
- You can even use your existing XMPP/Jabber accounts, like Google Talk, to answer patron chats.
- One-click blocking of abusive patrons.
- Easy integration with LibGuides!
- Learn more >>
Build your own searchable knowledge base of FAQs
Quickly and easily build a searchable, browsable FAQ knowledge base for your library. The great thing about a FAQ is that it saves time for both librarians and patrons by providing thorough answers to commonly asked questions, questions often encountered when chatting with patrons online. Now you can combine real-time chat with a searchable FAQ to provide a richer virtual reference experience for your patrons. Plus an offline e-mail form is automatically integrated so that patrons can ask questions outside regular support hours.
Complete control over both look and feel for easy integration
into your website.
We also offer 12 pre-configured themes for your FAQ.
- Automatically provides a mobile-specific site for patrons browsing with smartphones.
- Instant search capability with integrated chat when librarians are online or e-mail after hours.
- Categorize questions by topic.
- Patrons can vote answers as helpful or not helpful.
- Already have a FAQ? You can import your existing questions and answers!
- Learn more >>
Text messaging integrations
Patrons can chat with operators by texting to a phone number with their cell phone. With LibraryH3lp's optional SMS chat add-on, on-the-go mobile patrons enjoy all of the benefits of live chat.
- Incoming text messages are answered from within your chat client.
- Patrons chat through SMS to a dedicated phone number.
- We'll automatically forward any voice calls made to your text number.
- You can provide your own custom "We're offline" auto-responder.
- Messages sent while you were offline will get delivered when you are next available.
- Learn more >>
Instant message network integrations
Integrate any established public IM identities your organization might have on AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, Google Talk, ICQ, or any other federated Jabber server. LibraryH3lp breaks the one-to-one restriction that limits IM's practicality. Multiple chat operators can monitor and chat with patrons using your public IM account without disconnecting each other.
Tools to help you create a superior patron experience
With features like service rollover, you can first direct incoming chats to specialized chat operators if available and then to more generalized operators otherwise. Our powerful admin site lets you monitor on-going chats, access chat transcripts, analyze trends, & generate historical reports.
- Organize your operators by expertise or department to route patrons optimally.
- Monitor on-going chats in real-time.
- Works with your current e-mail reference system.
- Review and email or download chat transcripts if you elect to save transcripts.
- Generate graphs analyzing service and traffic trends.
- Download chat data in CSV format.
- Learn more >>
Need after hours virtual reference coverage?
Chatstaff, founded by NCknows Coordinator Phil Blank and librarian Pam Sessoms, is a new service designed to offer backup and after hours coverage for virtual reference. Chatstaff is staffed by MLS-level librarians and works with your LibraryH3lp-based service, flexibly covering select hours or 24/7.
- Chatstaff has extensive experience with both academic and public libraries and LibraryH3lp.
- Unlike other services, Chatstaff is flexible to your needs covering 24/7 or select hours, which saves you resources. Chatstaff also helps you implement your service, generate reports, and more!
- When preparing to go live, Chatstaff works with you to make sure your library's information is accurately recorded to more easily assist your patrons and refer them back to you when necessary. Afterward, Chatstaff continues to work with you to ensure the quality of the service and that the effectiveness of your marketing is maximized.
- Chatstaff is priced separately from LibraryH3lp by size of population & hours of coverage.
- Visit Chatstaff's website for more details.